Tomian Empires
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill or be killed - By mattkeating

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Enabling TNT

Go down 
4 posters

Should TNT be Enabled on the Server?
Yes
Enabling TNT Vote_lcap36%Enabling TNT Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Enabling TNT Vote_lcap64%Enabling TNT Vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Ghyrt

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 am

I've noticed that TNT cannot be used on the server. I understand that this is probably to prevent griefing, but I don't think it is necessary. The terrain-damaging effect from explosions is disabled on the server which means that TNT only would deal damage and could not be used to damage buildings; and since TNT takes 4 seconds to detonate, it would be very difficult to effectively use it against a player in combat (believe me, I've tried it). TNT is fun for MOB traps and might be fun if incorporated into PVP. If people want to try to fight with TNT, I think they should be able to try.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Ghyrt

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:26 pm

I see that 3 people have voted 'No.' Is there something I've neglected to consider?
Back to top Go down
Dragonkkealk

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:43 pm

I fell that TNT SHOULDN'T be enabled because
1) I hate TNT
2) you could rig it in someone's house and have it blow you up constantly (spam-killing and greifing)
Someone suggested an add-on that doesn't effect terrain. again... someone could rig your house (by greifing mind you) to blow you up constantly
Back to top Go down
Notcam45

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 am

TNT if placed correctly can fly into a protected area and exploded. This happened in Tomia when it was enabled. Someone placed TNT in their house and blew up part of the city. Thus causing TNT to be disabled.
Back to top Go down
http://tomianempire.com
Ghyrt

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 am

Notcam45 wrote:
TNT if placed correctly can fly into a protected area and exploded. This happened in Tomia when it was enabled. Someone placed TNT in their house and blew up part of the city. Thus causing TNT to be disabled.
Yes, but this can be prevented by doing two things:
1) Making TNT not damage buildings and terrain.
2) Making it so that people cannot receive damage from explosions in the city.

Dragonkkealk wrote:
I fell that TNT SHOULDN'T be enabled because
1) I hate TNT
2) you could rig it in someone's house and have it blow you up constantly (spam-killing and greifing)
Someone suggested an add-on that doesn't effect terrain. again... someone could rig your house (by greifing mind you) to blow you up constantly
The server has the Towny and World Guard mods. This means that players cannot place TNT in your house unless your house is in the wilderness. Also, I've built constant explosion devices before. These machines run out very quickly, which means you would not be blown-up constantly.
Back to top Go down
Notcam45

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:45 pm

There are no plugins that do those things, and the ones that do block other blocks besides TNT.
Back to top Go down
http://tomianempire.com
Ghyrt

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Notcam45 wrote:
There are no plugins that do those things, and the ones that do block other blocks besides TNT.

I just looked at the World Guard configuration info here. Since version 5.3, World Guard has featured the "block-tnt-block-damage" flag which allows TNT to damage entities but not blocks.
Back to top Go down
niiiiCe

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm

TnT, Should not be used for certain reasons.

If you look at the majority of servers that allow TnT to be used; theres mess's everywhere. And, people just get TnT, blow it up, and makes the server look ugly so no one would even consider to play the server.
Back to top Go down
Ghyrt

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:01 am

niiiiCe wrote:
TnT, Should not be used for certain reasons.

If you look at the majority of servers that allow TnT to be used; theres mess's everywhere. And, people just get TnT, blow it up, and makes the server look ugly so no one would even consider to play the server.

Please read the posts in this thread and then post again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enabling TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enabling TNT   Enabling TNT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enabling TNT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tomian Empires :: Ideas / Server Suggestions-
Jump to: