Tomian Empires
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill or be killed - By mattkeating

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lockette Plugin

Go down 
4 posters

Should the plugin "Lockette" be enabled?
Yes
Lockette Plugin Vote_lcap50%Lockette Plugin Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
No
Lockette Plugin Vote_lcap50%Lockette Plugin Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
jakexx360

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:01 am

Hey there! I was just thinking about a possible way to reduce griefing - actually, robbing - for those like myself who have gone into the wilderness and created a home. Rather than being protected in part of a town (with just a boring house...) I decided for the more apt hidden base with secret doors, traps, etc. However, I am aware how many people use xray, and I believe Lockette could be what we're looking for to allow protecting your chests anywhere.

What is Lockette?
Lockette is a plugin that allows for you to place a sign directly on a chest, making it so that only you or others listed on the sign are able to access it. It is MUCH lless complicated than other plugins, as all you need to do is add a sign. However, this plugin works for doors as well.

Example of lock:
[private]
Name
Name

Google it if you want to see more!

It's rather simple, and I think it would solve many problems. THanks for your time;
Jakexx360
Back to top Go down
http://www.jakexx360.webs.com
tenise5

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 pm

how bout a lock picking plugin that allows 10% chance to lockpick but fail u lose half of the total hearts
Back to top Go down
Ghyrt

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 am

tenise5 wrote:
how bout a lock picking plugin that allows 10% chance to lockpick but fail u lose half of the total hearts
The point of Lockette is that players don't have to live in a town to keep their stuff safe. If lockpicking were made an aspect, then people's things wouldn't be safe. A player could just keep healing until they eventually took all of someone's valuables.

On a different note, another advantage of Lockette is that it would prevent mayors from looking in their citizens' chests. Right now, nobody's items are safe from theft unless they either own a town or live in the city; and both of these are not things that everyone wants to do. Lockette seems like a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Notcam45

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm

The reason why lokette is not installed is to encourage raiding. Stealing things is one of the ways to make money and it's fun. If you don't want your chests being stolen from, hide them!
Back to top Go down
http://tomianempire.com
Ghyrt

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

Notcam45 wrote:
The reason why lokette is not installed is to encourage raiding. Stealing things is one of the ways to make money and it's fun. If you don't want your chests being stolen from, hide them!
While I agree with this in theory, its far too easy for people to find chests using X-ray texture packs. Thwarting cheaters would level the playing field a lot.
Back to top Go down
jakexx360

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Indeed, raiding is fun, and I have learned that recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jakexx360.webs.com
Sponsored content

Lockette Plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockette Plugin   Lockette Plugin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lockette Plugin
Page 1 of 1